Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Difference

Jamie has this on a table in our home:

I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day
I had so much to accomplish
That I didn't have time to pray

Problems just tumbled about me
And heavier came each task
"Why doesn't God help me" I wondered
He answered "You didn't ask"

I wanted to see joy and beauty
But the day toiled on gray and bleak
I wondered why God didn't show me
He said "But you didn't seek"

I tried to come into God's presence
I used all my keys at the lock
God gently and lovingly chided
"My child, you didn't knock"

I woke up early this morning
And paused before entering the day
I had so much to accomplish
That I had to take time to pray

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

I really like that. Simple and to the point. Great.

Snow2112 said...

Thanks brother. :-)