Monday, October 20, 2008

How We Come To Christ

I was reminded today what state we are in when we come to Christ. I needed that reminder, because for a while I had these thoughts in the back of my brain nagging at me that said "you're not doing enough" and "look at all these ways you're failing God, that's not good enough". Enough for what?

Time for a reality check.

We're only men, and we're sinners, plain and simple. That's not going to change. We don't spend all our lives eliminating the sin in our lives by ourselves so that we can come to Christ. No, that's completely backwards -- we turn to Christ first, admit the terrible state we're in, and ask Him to help us.

I just need to remember what Jesus tells us more often:

Mat 9:12-13: "...The ones who are whole do not need a physician, but the ones who are sick. But go and learn what this is, I will have mercy and not sacrifice. For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

0 comments: